Thursday, April 14, 2011

Southern Paradise Ball in 3 Days!

So overwhelmed, so nervous, so EXCITED! Hosting the Southern Paradise Ball is a major deal. It is a nationally recognized championships with studios traveling into Charlotte to compete from across the SouthEast. The pressure is indescribable! Adding to the fun this year, I have combined the competition with a fundraising ball for the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. This means that in addition to all that needs to be done in running the event and training to compete with a student for the pro-Am title, I have been running "mini" book drives around the city for the past few weeks, all of which will culminate with the big event this Sunday. My goal has been to need a U-haul to transport all the books away, and I am pretty sure this will be the case! The smaller drives should all be wrapping up tomorrow and I will post pictures of what's coming so far!

Never one to shy away from an opportunity to serve the public, I am accepted an invitation to sit front-row at a fashion show and open a red-carpet on Saturday night. While I am beyond excited to attend such a fabulous event, this means I will most likely be setting out centerpieces with my husband sometime between 2 and 3am! Ah, the life of a beauty-queen/business mogul!


No comments:

Post a Comment