Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mrs South Carolina International, Elizabeth Malvasia, Throws Opening Pitch at the Charlotte Knights!

What a fantastic night! And no, for those who think perhaps that I wowed the crowed with a surprise, cannon-fire pitch...WRONG! My pitch was very much what I and everyone else thought (feared!) it would be....pret-ty bad! :( 

Mrs SC Intl -Elizabeth Malvasia, Miss SC Intl Chelsea Gregory, and Teen Miss SC Intl Avery Close
bonding over fried dough and cotton candy, and enjoying a night at the ball-park!

However, the lines and lines of children who I high-fived on their way out to sing the national anthem (sooo cute!), the 9 year old boy who was celebrating his birthday and joined us on the mound (and threw a pitch that blew mine out of the water!), the countless precious little girls and boys who I hugged, took photos with, and autographed their stuff, and the once in a lifetime bonding time with my darling sisters (Miss and Teen Miss SC) and their moms, MORE THAN made up for a few brief moments of humiliation on the pitchers mound!

One of the greatest joys of being Mrs SC are the opportunities given to me to truly celebrate my community. Sitting in the stands, chatting with those seated around us, I was amazed at how quickly and completely people opened their lives and hearts to me. In a way that probably would never have occurred were I not wearing my crown and sash. It is truly humbling...


Up next for me, I am giving the key-note address at the Grand Opening of the Ronald McDonald House in Charlotte, NC! Pics to follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment