Sunday, April 10, 2011

Countdown is On!

Next weekend is going to be pretty exciting, and pretty CRAZY!! It kicks off with a red carpet appearance and front row seating at a fashion show on Saturday night. From there I will head straight to the Ballantyne Resort Hotel to finish up last-minute preparations for the national Ballroom and Latin dancesport championship that my husband and I own. (and of course squeeze in the traditional midnight, hour-long rehearsal with my partner!) We have over 1,300 entries over the course of the day and studios from Georgia, Tennessee, and across the Carolinas. Dancing takes place for 8 solid hours and commences with the evening's black-tie ball and scholarship competitions. In addition to running the day's events and running the Ronald McDonald House book-drive that is in conjunction with it, I am also competing with a student for the Southern Paradise Ball Open Smooth Championship title! That means that in between all that has to be done this week for the two events, hours of rehearsing and practicing need to be taking place.

What a late-night, last-minute rehearsal looks like!

So today finds me home from church, organizing piles of couture dresses and gowns in preparation for next weekend, while my hubby sits for hours in the study pouring over heat-sheets and other forms of data entry for the event. I will spend the latter part of the day contacting the committee heads of the various smaller book-drives that I have been running in lead-up to the big day on Sunday April 17th! I am so grateful that this is my life and SO excited that the events described is my weekend next week! Above all, I am grateful for the man with whom I am able to share it all and the marriage that is the core of such amazing successes.

Until next time, so greatful to be,

Mrs. South Carolina International 2011

PS~ For more info on the Southern Paradie Ball DanceSport Championship and how you can attend, visit http://www.southernparadiseball.com/, or call DanceSport Carolina Dance Studio at 704-299-4003. If you wish to help with or contribute to our Ronald McDonald House Book Drive, please email me directly at elizabeth@dancesportcarolina.com , or message me on my facebook page: Mrs South Carolina International 2001, Elizabeth Malvasia

No comments:

Post a Comment